Conveying of dangerous goods by road
The Department of Transport (DOT) have now selected and approved training bodies to provide the conveying of dangerous goods by road training. All drivers with a valid PRDP will need to be trained on this course before they can be issued with a PRDP-D license.
Occupational Health & Safety Training (OHST) has done it once again. YES!!! Occupational Health & Safety Training (OHST) has received approval from the Department of Transport and are now offering a unit standard approved course, “Conveying of dangerous goods by Road”.
- Training Programme Introduction
- Definitions and terminology (NRTA)
- National Road Traffic Act – Selected Regulations
- Introduction to Conveying Dangerous Goods
- Dangerous Goods Classification, Exempt Quantities and Compatibility
- Placarding and Documentation (Tremcard/ Trecard)
- Emergency Response Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment
- Drivers Duties, Documentation and Behavior
- Loading and Off-Loading Dangerous Goods
|DURATION:||1 day (re-assessment)
2 days (NOVICE)
|TARGET GROUP:||Logistics Managers, Logistics coordinators, Truck Drivers, Operators, Consignors, Loss Control personnel and supervisors|
|COURSE OBJECTIVE:||This course provides the learner with the duties, responsibilities and roles & functions of consignors, consignees, drivers and operators involved with dangerous goods conveyed by road.|