MSDS, better known as a Material Safety Datasheet, is a crucial piece of document that is supplied free of charge with every hazardous chemical substance supplied.
It is constitutes of 16 sections, has given under the hazardous chemical substance regulations, in the Occupational Health & Safety Act 5 of 1993.
It is important that all employees who may be exposed to such hazardous chemical substances within the work environment are correctly trained in understanding the hazards they may be exposed to when working with such a chemical.
- Introduction to hazardous chemical substance regulations, in the Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Terminologies and definitions.
- Understanding the 16 sections of the MSDS.
- Dangers of the different classes of chemicals.
- Use of a capability chart.
|TARGET GROUP:||Plant operators, employees working with HCS|
|COURSE OBJECTIVE:||This course provides the learner with a basic knowledge of the responsibilities pertaining to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.|